2.22.2008

The Kindness Boat and Other Lucie-isms...


Lucie designed this boat all by herself. She needed to make one for her music class and so she layed it out and I helped her put it together. I am calling it the kindess boat because once she arrived at class one of her friends boats broke and she was sad. After class Lucie was so excited to tell me she had let her friend use her boat and she just pretended that she had one! I was so impressed with her willingness to share and that she was so excited about it...later in the day she ended up giving her boat to another friend because she thought she would like it. I am very grateful for Lucie's example!

Lucie loves to tell stories and incorporate what she sees and hears into her play. It is very entertaining to listen to her and these are some of the things that she has been saying lately....

2 new words that she likes to use are occasionally and fragile. She loves taking fragile items for show and tell...I think it is just so she can use the word!
We have been trying not to drink Sprite or any soda for that matter and a few weeks ago we were at a bridal shower at a restaurant. Lucie really wanted to get sprite to drink and I was giving her the choice between milk and water. My mom even said she would get water to drink. Lucie finally decided to get water and at the end of the meal we were talking about what an achievement that was to not get a sprite to drink. My mom made a comment where she said I am really going to try and not drink it and Lucie said in the most exasperated tone, "I just don't know if I can give it up!"

One night at dinner Lucie started to get upset and cry. We asked her to go to her room and calm down and then she could come back to the dinner table. She was gone for about 10 minutes, but when she came back she was very happy and talkative. She said, "I just sat in my chair and talked about it with myself!"She is very much into making up stories and seeing if we will believe them. Last week she came home and told us that Cosmo had come to her school class. She told the story to me, to my mom and Noelle, and to Trent. At first I believed her, but then she mentioned that I should not ask her teacher about it because it was a secret. I really started suspecting that it was not true when she added that Willy the Wolverine and the Jazz Bear both came as well. She kept up the story for a couple of hours and then when Trent asked her a question about it at the dinner table she said, "it really isn't true, I was just telling a story." What is amazing is that she is able to keep a straight face and sometimes they get pretty elaborate! We will have to watch out when she gets older...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sally said...

Lucie is soooo cute! She is just another reason we should live close to you guys. Lucie would be such a great example to Livi. I love the story about Jack and the OJ too! What a creative little family you have.

the brooks bunch said...

I love Lucie and her imagination!! Too cute!
Love you -
s/b

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Oh man, I wish my kids would come back happy and talkative from a timeout, hee hee. What a cutie!