2.05.2008

Tasty Tuesday - Corrie's Kentucky Pie

This recipe is from Paula Deen's Home Cooking show and it is VERY good. Noelle and I were watching her show a couple of weeks ago and saw her make this recipe and were wishing we could reach through the tv to get a piece. So, I made it on Sunday and it is super easy plus it tastes really good and it looks gourmet!!

Corrie's Kentucky Pie (it is supposedly a pie that is served at the Kentucky Derby)
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups sugar
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
1 cup sifted self-rising flour
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups chopped pecans
2 (9-inch) deep dish unbaked pie shells or 3 (9-inch) unbaked regular pie shells

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine eggs, sugar, and melted chocolate in large bowl. Add flour and mix well, stirring in remaining ingredients except for pie shells. Bake 30 -40 minutes (mine took an hour to bake).

Serve warm with ice cream or whip cream (if you are Paula Deen you serve it with both)!!

4 comments:

taylor said...

It was soooo goood!!!Thanks
mom

Anonymous said...

Ya know there is a real disadvantage to being 50 miles up the road!! I love Paula Deen! I love when she tastes everything and all the butter - yum!!
Thanx for such fun ideas!
Love you -
s/b

Anonymous said...

OK Engor made your Kentucky pie for dinner tonite and you are right it is yummy!!! Thanks for the good ideas!!!
love you-
s/b

A. Schoonie said...

So glad that you tried it and that you all liked it!!! I loved that you put Paula loves to taste everything and loves butter because we are always laughing about that and loving it at the same time!!