2.10.2008

We are so BLESSED...

Yesterday Trent and I had the opportunity to attend the Worldwide Leadership meeting. It was an amazing meeting. All through the meeting I could not help but think how blessed we are to have church leaders who are so inspired, to have so many church resources, and most importantly to have the restored gospel in our lives. Just a couple of the amazing words that were spoken...

Sister Lant (General Primary President) "Our needs are met when we take care of another's needs."

Elder Oaks "We cannot live in fear." Then paraphrasing a scripture he said, "Perfect love (of the Lord) casteth out all fear."

There were so many uplifting and encouraging thoughts that the general leaders shared. It is always comforting to receive so much reassurance and positiveness, which is opposite of what we receive from the world.

If you did not have a chance to attend the church website said the material would be available before the end of February.

6 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I'll have to check that out! What is your callings now, by the way?

Noelley's Life said...

Thanks for the inspiring thoughts! Love ya!

-Noelle

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy your journaling! Thanks for sharing!
Love you-
s/b

Harmoni said...

It's the fear thing that is hard to over come!!Thank goodness for people like you and for the leaders of this wonderful church that help me see that we can accomplish anything with just a little faith and humility!!
Love to you
Harm

taylor said...

thanks love mom

cpcox99 said...

That was a fabulous meeting. I really enjoyed it too. I loved the little stories they shared that helped me to see that they're so aware of our needs as members.