2.28.2008

My New Friend/Toy

One thing that I really enjoy doing is making bread. For Christmas Noelle gave me a recipe for a 6 grain bread and I have been trying to get it to work since then. It is a heavy bread and my kitchen aid was not cutting it...the first time I made it I tried to let it knead the bread and my mixer started to smoke. Then I resorted to kneading by hand (not fun) and my bread was still not turning out quite right. I was bummed and went back to buying store bought bread. I was dreaming of someday getting a Bosch Mixer, which I had both heard and researched are the best for making bread....well, I did not have to dream too long. Trent and my parents gave me a Bosch for my birthday and it is soooooo nice! I made the 6 grain bread recipe yesterday and it worked and it was delicious!!! I love it!
Now, one funny thing about me asking and dreaming for a mixer is that my parents gave Noelle and I both the Kitchen Aid mixers several years ago for Christmas. I was really excited about getting a mixer, but did not cook or bake much at that time. I remember my mom telling me to try it out and make sure it worked ok. So, having no clue what to try to make I bought a box cake mix and did that...my family thought I was crazy for mixing that in my Kitchen Aid, but at least I found out it worked:) Little did I know that just a few years later I would love to try and make things from scratch!

5 comments:

the brooks bunch said...

You are amazing with the bread thing - I remember grandma always made bread when we were at home and I loved the homemade scones!!!!
The smell is still there!
Enjoy!
Happy 30th!!
love you-

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Amen! I would love one of those! My parents bought one a couple years ago and make bread every week with it. Those things have power! I made cheeseballs in it for Christmas gifts and it was sooo easy. I made like 15 of them at one time and it took me like 2 minutes! Seriously awesome.

jlohran said...

We were just talking about getting a bosch someday. You'll have to tell us all about it. By the way Happy birthday! That is the best way to turn 30-- way to go Trent and company!

Emily said...

hey! that's so cool! i hope you enjoy yours as much as me. don't leave it unattended-- it might crash to the floor!ha! i read that if you put rubber backing stuff under it, it doesn't slip.
talk to you later!
emily

cpcox99 said...

Happy belated birthday Ashlie! Way to go Trent and your Mom and Dad for getting you such a fun gift!!